Tuition - About
Andrew is a professional musician playing and teaching music for a living. He thoroughly enjoys tutoring and is available for any kind of music tuition. Lessons are fun! creative and relevant. Check out Andrew's Experience, Beginners and Parents Guide to Bass , and how it all works.
Here is what Andrew's tuition includes:
- 1st lesson free!
- Friendly and patient teacher
- All ages and abilities.
- All styles of music.
- Individually tailored lessons to suit each student's needs and abilities.
- Lessons topics include different techniques, reading music, song writing, listening skills, improvising and performance.
- Can take students through the HSC music program: performance and theory.
- Help students with their school band such as training band, performance band, stage band, jazz band, rock band, concert band and orchestra. Can also help with church bands and student's own original bands.
- Opportunities to do music grades like the CPM (Contemporary Popular Music Course) from the AMEB (Australian Music Education Board).
- Opportunities to use your music tuition as a "creative skill" in the Duke of Edinborough Award.
- Opportunity to use professional music gear such as recording equipment, drum machines, a range of basses and effects.
- The ability to connect with each student, and work within each student's most suitable learning style.
- Safe environment in a professional home studio with easy parking.
- High retention rate of students.
- Can help guitar students learn bass and vice versa.
- Available for band workshops and band camps.
- Gift vouchers available for friends and family.
- Skype lessons available (only for students not in Sydney).
- Can also teach acoustic and electric guitar.
Andrew teaches bass from a private music studio in Terrey Hills. Students come from all over the Northern Beaches and North Shore for bass guitar lessons. As a bass guitar teacher Andrew covers the following areas:
- Allambie Heights
- Beacon Hill
- Curl Curl
- Dee Why
- Duffy's Forest
- Frenches Forest
- Killarney Heights
- Mona Vale
- Oxford Falls
- St Ives
- Terrey Hills
- Wheeler Heights
Please feel free to contact Andrew on 0410-625-981 or
email him at email@example.com
to discuss music tuition or to book a lesson.
You are also welcome to check out the Beginners and Parents Guide to Bass
Here is a quote showing how music tuition in general can add to life experience:
"Music study is not about whether one becomes a professional musician one day or not. Your daughter learned important life skills through the study of music - she learned to think logically, she learned the value of hard work, she learned to be more observant and pay attention to details, she learned to listen to constructive criticisms from her teachers and improve herself, she learned time management skills through practicing and meeting recital/exam deadlines, she learned to appreciate beauty and masterworks by great composers, she learned to communicate her thoughts and feelings through musical expression - she may not play music anymore now, but she has music in her heart and it will always be a part of who she is and it sure made a difference in her character".
Andrew Challoner is a professional musician with 12 years of knowledge and expertise in music tuition.
Andrew teaching experience includes:
- Advanced Diploma in Creative Arts majoring in Music
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certificate for Self Employed People in child related employment
Schools - Bass Guitar Tutor:
- St Pauls College Manly
- Beaumont Rd Public School, Killara
- Collaroy Plateau Primary School
- Northern Beaches Christian School
School Band Camps:
- Oxford Falls Grammar School
- Mona Vale Primary School
- Belrose Primary School
- Frenches Forest Public School
- Mimosa Public School, Davidson
- Elanora Heights Public School
- Forestville Public School
- Mowbray Public School
Music Tuition Schools:
- Jo's Workshop, Mona Vale
- Dreadnought Music School
- School of Creative Arts (C3 College)
Classes taught include:
- Ensemble classes
- Style study e.g. soul music
- Melody and Harmony
- Aural and Theory
- Andrew teaches from his private studio Monday to Friday afternoons and evenings. He currently has around 30 students, but there are still some vacancies left. Please contact Andrew to book in a FREE! 30 min bass lesson.
Tuition: How It Works:
It's easy to book Andrew for bass tuition. Check out Andrew's experience and find out all about music tuition.
Music is meant to be fun, and that is the focus of bass tuition.
Here is how it works:
- You can contact Andrew anytime by phone or email with any questions.
- 1st lesson free!
- Book in a time. Lessons are available at the following times: before school, afternoons and evenings Mon to Fri. Andrew is also available for outcall lessons at certain times, e.g. before school or during the day.
- Lessons are held weekly during school terms. Fortnightly lessons and casual lessons are also available, but a regular time works best.
- Students need to bring their instrument and a folder for their music. Some students also have a school music book and folder from their band. Amps and leads are provided. You can also use one of Andrew's basses if necessary.
- Lessons are 30 min long. It's advisable to get to the lesson 5 minutes early to get ready, and get the most out of the lesson.
- Lessons are personally tailored to each student. Andrew can help students with school bands, church bands, music grades, HSC music, or just playing for fun!
- Parents are welcome to sit in on the lesson anytime. There is a comfortable lounge where you can relax and listen. There is also a range of things you can do to fill in the time around Terrey Hills.
- Practice: Students are encouraged to play their instrument every day even if only for a short period of time. The most important thing is that playing music is fun and practice should reflect that.
- How to pay: Andrew will email an invoice at the start of term for that term's fees. You can pay by EFT, cheque or cash. You can also pay weekly, fortnightly or per half a term.
- For more information about the bass guitar please check out Andrew's "Beginners and Parent's Guide To Bass".
- Please contact Andrew to book in your 1st lesson free.